What personal data do we collect and where from?
If you visit the Company’s website, purchase a ticket to any of the ferry services provided by the Company or otherwise use our services, you may provide information to us that is considered as personal data under applicable data protection laws.
The types of personal data that we collect may, depending on the context, include:
• name and contact information including address, mobile number and e-mail address;
• delivery and billing information, payment information and other information that you provide in connection with the purchase of tickets to the services provided by the Company;
• different kinds of demographic information;
• user name and password to our mobile application Scandlines HH;
• other information that is relevant for customer surveys, advertisement/marketing or offers;
• information about preferences and interests based on the use of the Company’s websites; and
• user name and password to online booking and profile information.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
• the mobile application in use by the Company, e.g. when you purchase a ticket to any of the Company’s services or use the GPS function.
• from third parties in the form of subsidiaries to companies in the group of the Company, or companies that the Company engages for the purpose of enriching its customer database.
• directly from distributors and corporate customers.
• Social Media, e.g. public profile information connected to customer engagement on posts published by the Company, private messages sent to the Company’s social channels (such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn), received through the Company’s Social Management tool Falcon.io.