Information on Coronavirus (COVID -19)
COVID-19 virus is continuing to spread across Europe. The situation and its development is closely monitored by ForSea.
The safety for our guests and employees are, during all times, of highest priority and at ForSea we are always complying with advices and recommendations from the national authorities in Sweden and Denmark.
Travelling to Sweden
Swedish authorities require a negative Covid-19 test, no older than 48 hours, for everyone over the age of 18 travelling to Sweden.
Read more here.
There are no travel restrictions for German citizens to Sweden, but there are for Swedish citizens to Germany.
See more information
Travelling in or out of Denmark
Face mask requirement
There is a requirement for wearing a face mask in Danish public transport and on board our ferries (does not apply to children up to 12 years).
You need to bring your own face mask, which must be worn throughout the trip. You can remove your face mask while eating and drinking, or if you feel ill/have trouble breathing. If you do not have a face mask with you, one can be bought on board in the café or in the shop.
The face mask requirement does not apply to guests in Waves Restaurant.
The staff on board wear visors, face masks or are standing behind glass screens.
We hope you respect this. Together we help each other during this difficult time.
Transit traffic through Denmark to Sweden or Germany
The Danish travel regulation require a negative COVID-19 test for transit traffic, no older than 48 hours.
See more information
Travelling to Germany
There are travel restrictions to/from Germany, for Swedish and Danish citizens. To entry Germany from Denmark, as a Swedish citizens, you need a strong credible purpose or a longer stay, and have to remain isolated in a quarantine period upon arrival to Germany. 1-day trips to Germany is not a strong credible purpose.
More information and travel restrictions.
Safety precautions when travelling with ForSea
To ensure our passengers and employees the safest experience possible, some extraordinary precautions have been implemented within ForSea. This includes the following:
- Information on preventive hygienic action, in order to minimize the risks of spreading the virus, is posted in all passenger areas. That is, onboard the ferries, in the terminals, in port and in the offices. The information is based on the authority’s recommendations.
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfection have been increased with special focus on areas considered high risk (so called Hot-Spots).
- Increased focus on the amount of passengers onboard. For the time being, the number of passengers is way below the recommendation given by the authorities in relation to public gatherings.
- Increased possibilities to disinfect hands in passenger areas. Disinfectants are placed all over in areas for both passengers and employees. That is, onboard the ferries, in the terminals, in port and in the offices.
- Increased focus on internal routines in order to minimize the risk of spreading the COVID – 19 virus. This includes information on hygienic procedures, how to handle employees that are travelling abroad, requirements on external contractors etc.
- Due to requirements from authorities regarding a limited number of people in our shop, we recommend that only one person at a time enters the shop.
Last update: 2021-02-05 2.30 PM